Re: [Hampshire] Meetings and AGM

Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Meetings and AGM
Adrian Bridgett wrote:
> October will also be our AGM. There are two things here for people to
> think about here:
> a) have you registered within the last year - for most people the
> answer will be "no" (most registrations were Sept last year). You can
> download a registration form from:
> http://www.hantslug.org.uk/files/voter_registration_form.pdf
> and either hand it in to a committee member or send it to me (please
> email offlist if you want my address).

Just to clarify, you'll need to do this if you haven't done so since
February this year. Just fill the form and post it or drop it off at a
LUG meeting. You'll need to do this to vote at the AGM, although you can
fill in the form on the day of the AGM too.

> b) Committee posts (current members):
> Chairman (Adrian Bridgett)
> Hostmaster (Tony Whitmore)
> Treasurer (Ian Brazier - taken over from John Lewis)
> General officer1 (Alan Pope)
> General officer2 (Ian Brazier)
>
> If you'd like to take part in HantsLUG, these positions are up for
> grabs. It's often a team effort - we don't stick rigidly to our
> designated roles.
>
> I've decided to step down this year after a two year stint as Chairman
> since I've not had the time to spend on it I hoped I'd find. I'd be
> happy to stand for another role though (GO or hostmaster).
>
> Alan is happy to stand for GO and hostmaster.
>
> I believe Tony is stepping down as hostmaster.

Yes, after two years as hostmaster and two years as Chairman I need to
make time for finishing decorating the house (4 years after moving in)
other FLOSS and personal projects and work. The hostmaster position
isn't hugely demanding though, so I'd encourage anyone with a bit of
sysadmin experience to consider standing.

I'm sure Adrian will kick the formal process of nominations etc. off in
a couple of weeks but I'd encourage anyone who enjoys being part of the
LUG to consider standing for any of the posts.

Thanks,

Tony