[Hampshire] Meetings and AGM

Author: Adrian Bridgett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
New-Topics: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Meeting, HantsLUG posts and AGM
Subject: [Hampshire] Meetings and AGM
Normality will be restored shortly. The next two meetings will be:

September: joint meeting with SurreyLUG on Saturday 13th back at the
normal Surrey University venue. 11am start, begin wrapping up at
5.30pm for a 6pm deadline depart.
http://www.surrey.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?BringABox

October: back to Southampton University hopefully. Many thanks for
Damian for stepping in now that Hugo has moved to Reading University.
This is _not_ confirmed yet.

October will also be our AGM. There are two things here for people to
think about here:
a) have you registered within the last year - for most people the
answer will be "no" (most registrations were Sept last year). You can
download a registration form from:
http://www.hantslug.org.uk/files/voter_registration_form.pdf
and either hand it in to a committee member or send it to me (please
email offlist if you want my address).

b) Committee posts (current members):
Chairman (Adrian Bridgett)
Hostmaster (Tony Whitmore)
Treasurer (Ian Brazier - taken over from John Lewis)
General officer1 (Alan Pope)
General officer2 (Ian Brazier)

If you'd like to take part in HantsLUG, these positions are up for
grabs. It's often a team effort - we don't stick rigidly to our
designated roles.

I've decided to step down this year after a two year stint as Chairman
since I've not had the time to spend on it I hoped I'd find. I'd be
happy to stand for another role though (GO or hostmaster).

Alan is happy to stand for GO and hostmaster.

I believe Tony is stepping down as hostmaster.

Adrian