Re: [Hampshire] Routers and dropped connections

Author: Phillip Chandler
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Routers and dropped connections
A Friend of mine has broadband with Zen, and a wireless router (not
Belkin). His line went through a spate of severe noise and constantly
dropping out, he had a program to monitor the drop-outs etc.

But since the summer started, his line has settled down. He lives near
an industrial estate, and very close to the Bt sub box. He seemed to
think that one of the industrial sites turned their heating off, or some
piece of heavy duty machinery that rattled the BT line.

But the problem with BT copper lines is they get noise interference from
everything (apparently), even having your PC case next to the line box
can cause noise, or even the electrical cables (?????).

Im sure he mentioned that if your connection drops, then its at the
reduced speed for x number of hours. Dont think the router can do much
about getting the speed back up.

Hope that explains a bit, doesnt help much, but adds extra "Maybes" to
the equation.

--
Phillip Chandler
phillip.chandler@???

This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended
solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views
or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of the company the sender represents.

If you are not the intended recipient of this email and its attachments,
you must take no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them
to anyone.

error.