[Hampshire] Routers and dropped connections

Author: Rob Malpass
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Routers and dropped connections
Hi all

I'm not sure it's possible to answer this question definitively but over the
last fortnight or so I've been having router problems - all sorted by a
power cycle. Router is a Belkin wireless and ISP is Zen.

Looking in the router logs there doesn't seem to be anything amiss - though
I confess I don't really know what I'm looking for. However when an ADSL
connection drops, shouldn't the router bring it back up if it can i.e. spend
all its time trying to bring up back up after the connection's dropped?

As such, given it's come back up fine after a reboot, I'm inclined to think
it's the router not the line - am I wrong in this deduction?

Cheers
Rob