Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Headphone/mic for datacentre use?

Author: Nick Chalk
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Headphone/mic for datacentre use?
Antony <ar@???> wrote:
> www.autocom.co.uk/pdf/Autocom_Brochure_06-06.pdf

Their products do seem a little specific.

> www.sonic-comms.com - comms for services
> personnel

These people, though, have just the right things.
There's even a bluetooth headset with a hub!

> BTW I hope you're demanding hearing protection
> in that environment...

In terms of damage to hearing, it's not that loud.
It is annoyingly persistent pink noise, though,
that makes it difficult to hear and be heard. It's
a distraction you can do without when, just for
example, you're working there from midnight to
seven in the morning.

However, the reason I'm doing this is to
simultaneously present the problem and a solution
to the boss. :-)

Mind you, the boss was in Telehouse North at the
time, so he does know what it's like...

Thanks for the pointers.

Nick.

--
Nick Chalk ................. once a Radio Designer
Confidence is failing to understand the problem.