Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Headphone/mic for datacentre use?

Author: Nick Chalk
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Headphone/mic for datacentre use?
Alan Bell <alan@???> wrote:
> One of my clients has banned us from working in
> the server room because of the sound. We can
> commission servers outside the room, fit them in
> the racks and manage them remotely. Any long job
> has to be done remotely or with the server
> removed from the room.

We're not building servers in the datacentre -
just installing and cabling. There's rather a lot
of cabling though...

The company's an ISP, with presence in five of
Docklands' datacentres. It's all L2TP and VLANs
and switch stacks and redundant routers and miles
of Cat5, Cat6, and fibre.

Nick.

--
Nick Chalk ................. once a Radio Designer
Confidence is failing to understand the problem.