Re: [Hampshire] Currys Offer On Acer Aspire One A110-Ab Netb…

Author: Victor Churchill
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Currys Offer On Acer Aspire One A110-Ab Netbook
2008/8/31 Damian Brasher <lug@???>

> He he:) The price may have dropped or the spec. upgraded by then. I'm
> downloading Linpus lite live CD to try with a VIA EPIA 800 MHz Mini ITX
> and a 500MHz VIA CPU and will compare the performance, look and feel with
> normal Fedora on both CPU's and MS XP (a necessary work box). The OS has
> been designed for very low power boxes. Linpus claim that Lite will run
> smoothly and reliably on a 500MHz CPU. The download is slow, either the OS
> has suddenly become popular and Linpus's servers and bandwidth can't cope
> or the download service is low spec. I haven't found any decent mirrors.
> I'll try the Live CD tomorrow.

Hmmm... I'd certainly follow that with interest. I have an old Vaio
PCG-C1XN sat in a drawer 'cos I failed to get Debian or Ubuntu onto
it, and this might just suit nicely.
(Actually, I believe that is only 400MHz/128MB IIRC, so it might be
just a bit too low spec anyway)
Almost veered off into grumpy old OT-ness there - these Linuxes these
days, etc etc