[Hampshire] Bring-a-Box reminder - next weekend

Author: Dominic Cleal
To: Surrey LUG, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Bring-a-Box reminder - next weekend
Hello,

We have a joint Surrey and Hampshire LUG Bring-a-Box meeting being held
at the University of Surrey in Guildford next weekend, Saturday 13th
September. Doors open from 11am until around 5pm.

http://www.surrey.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?BringABox

The meeting room will be in the Teaching Block (not the central Lecture
Theatres) on the upper floor (there is an access ramp). Signs will be
up as normal by around 11am. See the travel information on the wiki
for more details.

Everybody is welcome at our meetings - no membership or previous
experience is required. Feel free to bring along a computer or laptop
if you wish, we aim to provide power and internet access, though please
bring a power extension cable so you can hook up.

Internet access is both wireless and wired - bring your own ethernet
cable of a decent length if you intend to use a wired connection.

<<< Talks >>>
Stephen Nelson-Smith has kindly offered to give a talk on how to use
Puppet and Func to automate and centralise system management:
http://reductivelabs.com/projects/puppet/
https://fedorahosted.org/func

<<< Request for talks >>>
If anybody would also like to present a topic, for just five minutes or
an hour, please let us know. There are a few topics listed on both
Surrey and Hampshire wikis if you're stuck for ideas:
http://surrey.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?TopicsRequested
http://hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MeetingSuggestions/Talks

<<< Location >>>
The campus is a short walk from the main Guildford train
station and is just off the A3 if you're coming by car. Full details
are available on the wiki, including maps and detailed travel
information to the University campus:
http://www.surrey.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?BringABox/UniversityOfSurrey

If you have any questions, please reply to the list or to me directly.

--
Dominic Cleal
dominic@???