Re: [Hampshire] Another Hello

Author: Becky Taylor
To: Hampshire LUG
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Another Hello
On 2008-10-08 07:03, Greg Auger wrote:

> Becky:
> Yes, it's nice to know you're not alone! My school has been giving out
> eeepcs recently, one of which my best friend has. Of course they run
> linux, and its great to see some of my friends and teachers see that
> linux is very useful. (Even though the Eees have uselessly small
> screens).

Wow, your school's giving out eee pcs? I wish my college would do that...
I keep trying to get my friends into linux, but the closest I got was
when my friend asked me to install Mint on his laptop... That didn't
turn out so good, I accidentally wiped all his data on XP! Owch... He's
very understanding and wasn't too cross with me, but i still feel guilty
when I think about it... :-/ .
I think next time I partition someone's hard drive I'll be a bit more
careful. Well... a lot more careful ! ;-)