Re: [Hampshire] anyone work with a registered charity?

Author: Paul Stimpson
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] anyone work with a registered charity?
I guess the plus point of this would be that for the cost of the media and a disc printer (IMHO hand written labels on discs just wouldn't cut it here) FLOSS could be put into charities' consciousness. For me the big selling point would be that there would be no restrictive entitlement (every charity could apply with none of the "affiliate organasition size...blah...blah..." rules I saw on the site. I would limit the number of discs that could be ordered but make clear they could be used as many times as the recipient liked.

Are the proprietary software deals available as repeats or is it like drug dealers giving the kids their first hit for free then charging them once they're hooked on the product?

I think it would also be interesting to see what considerations ctxexchange get themselves and how many "incentives" they might be offered by their current benefactors not to push FLOSS to the charities.

Cheers,
Paul.