Re: [Hampshire] Is this too good to be true?

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Is this too good to be true?

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x58400100.hantslug.org.uk.10053': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Oct 23 22:39:42 2008 BST
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 10:26:47PM +0100, Lisi wrote:
> It certainly looks it. So what snags do people know about that would make
> this a stupid buy for Linux?
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> US Robotics DUAL Cordless Phone - Standard BT and USB Skype VoIP.
>
> Call around the world for free with the Skype certified US Robotics Cordless
> Skype Dual Phone.

I haven't looked at the URL yet, but I've certainly seen things
advertised as "Skype Phones" that require a computer with Skype
installed. i.e., they're just a microphone and a speaker, possibly in
convenient USB form.

Also, you'd have to use Skype (ewww).

Hugo.

  --- I'll take your bet, but make it ten thousand francs. I'm only ---
                       a _poor_ corrupt official.