Re: [Hampshire] Swap versus RAM size (was: I just have to te…

Top Page
Author: Dr Adam Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Swap versus RAM size (was: I just have to tell someone...)

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5861d100.hantslug.org.uk.26645': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Oct 26 22:23:25 2008 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0

> Worst I've seen is a SAP instance where they required "3 times
> physical memory or 256MB - whichever is larger". The box had 24GB
> memory (which was then increased to 32GB). The fact they even thought
> SAP would run on 64MB RAM shows how ancient the instructions where.

Don't get me started on the stupidity of the advice SAP put out...

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Windows has detected: "unknown device", and is installing drivers for it.
    -- Microsoft Windows