[Hampshire] Clarkconnect Gateway 4.3 & Horde webmail

Author: Phillip Chandler
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Clarkconnect Gateway 4.3 & Horde webmail
Hi Everyone.

Ive managed to setup my clarkconnect firewall with Horde webmail (I have
no idea how, but it works, sort of).

Two things I need to figure out. But Id like your help on one of them.

Ive setup the ntlworld pop server, so Horde can pull the emails. I now
need to figure out how to get Evolution to connect to my clarkconnect
box, to get the emails, rather than ntl direct. This I can sort of
stumble through and figure out.

What Im really stumped on is setting up the ntl smtp, so I can send
emails from horde webmail. Would anyone know how to do this ? Ive
googled and it looks like I have to use a terminal to open the file, in
something like vi.

Im guessing that once setup right. Id write an email as normal, send to
my clarkconnect / horde box, which will send on the email itself. So
rather than send the email direct myself to smtp.ntlworld.com Id send it
to something like smtp.clarkconnect.lan, and would pull emails from
pop.clarkconnect.com rather than pop.ntlworld.com. Or would I use imap ?

Thanks
Phillip