[Hampshire] Long Life Netbook style device

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Long Life Netbook style device
Hi,

With the recent proliferation of netbooks, it seems strange to me that
they seem to have such a short life on batteries. For something that
is designed to be used on the move, I would want it to work all day.

In fact, my wife has a very good use for such a device, but it would
only be really useful if it had at least a six hour life. All my wife
wants to do is take notes. However changing batteries multiple times,
is really not ideal.

Does anybody know of a netbook style device that can operate for this
sort of time? It only really needs a to be just big enough to have a
reasonable size keyboard to make it useful.

--
Philip Stubbs