Re: [Hampshire] What is the PC to buy ?

Author: Chris. Aubrey-Smith
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] What is the PC to buy ?
2008/11/17 Jon Wilks <jonnyx10e3@???>

> This may sound like a simple question but I am in the market for a new
> PC and wonder what people are buying at the moment. With so many makes
> on the market it is difficult to differentiate between them all.
>
> Anyone made a recent purchase and have been happy with the value and
> service ?
>
> --
> Jon Wilks
>
> PGP key 0xFA593C1A from hkp://wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net

I am on my fourth IBM ThinkPad in ten years and not one of them has skipped
a beat in that time. Two run Debian Etch, one Ubuntu Gutsy and the antique
runs DSL.

I read that the build quality on the newer Lenovo models is not so good,
which is part of the reason why I buy second-hand models nowadays. Excellent
value!

Service? Never needed any.....

Chris.