Re: [Hampshire] digital cameras

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] digital cameras
Gordon Scott wrote:

> One other thing of note .. with compacts, think carefully about a
> viewfinder. My wife's camera doesn't have one and using the camera in
> bright sun is a bit hit-and-miss and/or hits the batteries quite hard
> driving the big display anythink like brightly enough. Mine has an
> electronic viewfinder on which the resolution is low but normally
> adequate when on autofocus, giving an SLR-type behaviour in a compact
> camera.

For something that bridges the gap between compact and slr go for a
Cannon G9 or G10. Hot shoe and built-in flash, macro, changeable lenses,
viewfinder, gorgeous screen and most important of all, great results.
Feels great in the hand too - like a good camera should. Having borrowed
a G9 I know that I will be buying one just as soon as I can - it made me
want to take pictures again, a feeling I haven't had since I bought my
Nikon FM2 fully manual SLR.

Sean