Re: [Hampshire] Novatech Laptops...

Author: Alan Bell
To: lug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Novatech Laptops...
ooh, I know what this is. You need to tell the soundcard a bit more
about your speaker configuration by adding something in /etc/modprobe.d,
we had this on the webbook but the other way round (the speakers
wouldn't turn off when you plugged in the headphones)

http://webbookblog.com/keep-the-noise-down/

your option won't be the same as mine but the full list of available
options is in the file you can read with this command:

zcat /usr/share/doc/alsa-base/driver/ALSA-Configuration.txt.gz |less

Alan.