Re: [Hampshire] Novatech Laptops...

Author: Vic
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Novatech Laptops...

> Also at the risk of sounding obvious. Are you unplugging the headphones
> when you try the speakers?

Yes. Those 3 years at University weren't *entirely* wasted :-)

> I ask because I came across a laptop recently
> that couldn't do both.

Most won't, IME.

> Have you turned everything in kmix fully up?

Yes.

> Which sound system are you using?

I'm not completely sure. I don't know my way around KDE4 yet. But it's
whatever the Kubuntu default is - I haven't changed anything. But I
suspect it's alsa, as the modprobe.d/ edits did seem to affect things
(although not for the better...).

> Does the output plugin of whichever player you're using have any settings?

Loads - but I can't find anything related to "headphones" or "speakers".
Nor does anything else generate sound, though - Kubuntu sets up a
login/logout noise by default (very annoying), and that doesn't do
anything either.

Vic.