Re: [Hampshire] Which Netbook?

Author: Alan Bell
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Which Netbook?
well if you can wait a little while there might be a jolly good online
store flogging Elonex webbooks. These are running Ubuntu and are jolly
good if I say so myself. They lack 3d drivers at the moment so Compiz
won't work but the hardware could do it and probably will one day. They
have an 80GB hard drive 512MB ram and a 1024x600 screen.
As for the competition, the eeePC 701 has an 800x480 screen, that is a
bit small for general purpose use, but can be handy as a satellite
computer to a desktop. Above that the eeePC 901, Dell mini 9 and the
rest are all pretty capable contenders however the HP 2133 mini note is
the competitor that worries me the most, it has a 9 inch screen but a
1280 x 768 resolution, that extra 168 vertical pixels really does make a
difference sometimes.

Alan.