Re: [Hampshire] Belkin shame

Top Page
Author: The Holy ettlz
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Belkin shame

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5860c100.hantslug.org.uk.27568': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Mon Dec 1 15:31:39 2008 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 2FF22CF403F94B5D
On Mon, 2008-12-01 at 11:59 +0000, Paul Stimpson wrote:
> I'm having terrible wireless issues now with none of the distros I
> have tried being able to connect to either of the Belkin F5D7632-4
> access points in the office using WPA-PSK. The same distros all
> connect to my 3Com AP using the same encryption.

You phoned up a consumer device manufacturer's tech support line about a
Linux problem?!

I have HW revision 7 of this router, and also experience problems
establishing WPA-Enterprise connections with it. It only ever connects
once with Linux, and then I have to tear down NM and the interface and
start all over again. Didn't get this with the USR AP. However, Windows
XP has no trouble reconnecting to it. So the problem must lie with one
or more of NetworkManager, wpa_supplicant, or perhaps the AP is behaving
in a slightly non-standard way that confuses the former two and causes
them to timeout.

James

--
The Holy ettlz                              TheHolyettlz@???