Re: [Hampshire] First impressions of Fedora 10

Author: John Cooper
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] First impressions of Fedora 10
Stuart Sears wrote:
> John Cooper wrote:
>
>> B STEVENS wrote:
>>
>>> One thing certainly impressed me about Fedora 10 was the fact it
>>> immediately recognised my Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
>>> Network Connection.
>>>
>>> I did have to disable SELinux (it had to be set to "disabled", not
>>> "permissive") and change the router from 64 bit WEP to 128 bit but
>>> it's probably the least painful linux wireless setup I've encountered.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Bryan
>>>

>> Yes, SELinux seems to be on steroids in F10. I'm using permissive to try
>> and fix it but it is proving difficult. I have to say Ubuntu wins hands
>> down on the wireless front. I had to manually download and extract the
>> FW for my broadcom chip, plus NetworkManager wouldn't work, so updated
>> the config.
>>

> what is not working with SELinux? Error messages? Logs?
> Have you tried a complete relabel just in case? (I ask because it works
> fine here on the 3 very different boxes I have running it)
>
> touch /.autorelabel && reboot
>

> Stuart

Yes, I have already done that which fixed some problems. It is because I
backed up my F9 directories like /var/www/html and restored them in F10.
The contexts are therefore wrong and have to be relabelled. A normal F10
install should be fine. I run ZoneMinder and this is causing the most
grief getting all the contexts correct. However, it does show SELinux works!

John.

Discover Linux - Open Source Solutions to Business and Schools
http://discoverlinux.co.uk