Re: [Hampshire] I am a person not a PC...

Author: Dr Adam J Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] I am a person not a PC...
On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 at 09:12:42AM +0000, Jacqui Caren wrote:
> Alan Pope wrote:
> > Hi Adam,
> >
> > 2008/12/2 Dr Adam Trickett <adam.trickett@???>:
> >> Has anyone been annoyed by the silly Microsoft advert where clueless people
> >> claim that they are a PC?
> > Nope. Get a decent PVR with an advert skip button and you'll never
> > have to see it again :)
>
> We decided to not replace our dead TV well over a year ago and apart from
> Paul missing his grand prix (he only watches the end or the crashes)
> we are very happy.

I lived in the US and after a while I hated TV so much that on our
return to the UK we lived without a TV for several years. Then I
was given a DVD for Christmas, which I need a DVD player and some
kind of viewing device. At the time a TV was the best option which
is why we ended up with one. I almost never actually watch
anything on TV because I'm so ad phobic and it's mostly rubbish.

Anyway I'm still not a PC, and I'm still a free man!

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

"We must get users past their misunderstandings of uptime. A reboot
doesn't mean that anything broke, there is no hardware or software
corrective action taken, so there wasn't any real downtime."
-- overheard in an MS strategy meeting