Re: [Hampshire] Don't tell Bill

Author: Mark Johnson
To: adam.trickett, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Don't tell Bill
On Saturday 06 December 2008 11:03:38 Dr Adam Trickett wrote:
> On Saturday 06 Dec 2008, Paul Stimpson wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thanks for this. It's a great idea. It even loads and displays correctly
> > on my Blackberry (unlike most Frontpage sites)
>
> I like the picture and idea but it looks dreadful with JavaScript disabled
> (NoScript). You may need to tweak your style sheets so that you get the
> desired effect without looking ugly.

I concur, I just went on the site with NoScript (bear in mind a lot of
security conscious people use it, and it's the 4th most popular Firefox addon)
and was presented with a pile of overlapping incomprehensible text. Until I
read Adam's post, I didn't even occur to me that it could have required
Javascript, so you might want to play with that a bit.

The only other suggestion I'd make is speed up some of the transitions between
the text a bit. It takes about 7 seconds for the first text to appear, by which
time I've lost interest. In general, I do like the general look and feel of
the page, and it does handle different screen sizes pretty gracefully.

I'll start work on my Don't Tell Bill!

Mark