Re: [Hampshire] whois : wtf?

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: stephen.davies, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] whois : wtf?

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56ec2100.hantslug.org.uk.711': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Dec 21 20:07:03 2008 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 07:45:41PM +0000, Stephen Davies wrote:
> But what concerned me was the verbage that accompanied the output and
> the fact that my request seems to have been rejected.
>
> Here is the output in full. Perhaps someone can explain all this 'crap'
> from verisign.
>
> Then I did the whois on a .net domain which I own and got the complete
> registration data without any connection rejection

I don't know about the connect() failure, but the pile of legal
junk is pretty much standard for many whois databases.

Hugo.

               --- vi vi vi:  the Editor of the Beast. ---