Re: [Hampshire] Problems changing boot order in Ubuntu

Top Page
Author: Brad Rogers
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Problems changing boot order in Ubuntu

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57f00100.hantslug.org.uk.27908': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Mon Jan 5 16:31:33 2009 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 94A792DF8B81EB69
On Mon, 5 Jan 2009 14:54:21 +0000
Robin Wilson <r.t.wilson@???> wrote:

Hello Robin,

> Any ideas anyone? I'm a bit wary of trying too much in the dark -
> cause if I can't get into Windows at the moment then I'll be really
> stuck!

You've been doing the right thing; Alterations to /boot/grub/menu.lst
affect operation of Grub. Two things, however;

1) such changes have to be made as root user,
2) Grub2 doesn't use menu.lst but /etc/default/grub instead.

From your post, it's not totally clear what you did. Most likely, you
need to su to root, then make the changes. I mention Grub2 just in case
you're using it, though it seems unlikely.

--
 Regards  _

What will you do when the gas taps turn?
The Gasman Cometh - Crass