Re: [Hampshire] S-Video

Author: James Courtier-Dutton
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] S-Video
2009/1/5 Rob Malpass <lug@???>:

> 32" ideally. It's just that time of year I guess. The shops I've looked
> at that allow you to check stock levels prior to buying (argos, comet etc)
> have plenty of 32" TVs without PC inputs, but I had to go over 400 quid
> before I could find one both in stock and having PC input. There were
> plenty 300-400 in stock without PC input. Maybe 32" were last year's "must
> have" Christmas presents.
>
> I'll stick to TVs offering VGA and keep trying.
>
> Cheers
> Rob

Why not try a HD TV.
Most have HDMI inputs, you can then just change your graphics card in
the PC to one with HDMI output.

Note, the longer you wait, the cheaper HD TVs become.
But, do remember that PC LCD displays have higher resolutions than HD
TVs, so if you are doing close up work with a PC, using a standard PC
LCD display is better than using a combined PC/TV screen.
I would do the following:
1) Get a normal PC LCD display.
2) Keep your current graphics card.
3) Get a PC tuner card for your PC. This effectively turns a computer into a TV.