Re: [Hampshire] Bad GPG signatures

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Bad GPG signatures

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57851100.hantslug.org.uk.7115': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Jan 6 17:21:46 2009 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 03:47:25PM +0000, Dr Adam J Trickett wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 at 03:22:56PM +0000, Hugo Mills wrote:
> > >
> > > Hmmmm...... :-(
> >
> >    On investigation, it seems that all of the bad sigs (and some good
> > ones) were sent from my server, which is what I use most of the time.
> > I haven't yet found a bad signature on mails sent from my desktop
> > machine. However, both machines have exactly the same mutt *and* gpg
> > configuration -- they share a home directory, and /etc/Muttrc is
> > identical on both machines.

> I did wonder, it seemed odd that your signatures would be bad.
> I've been meaning to mention it for ages but kept forgetting.
>
> I notice other people on various lists have problem signatures now
> and then and I do try and let people know when I can.

I've upgraded mutt and gpg on my server to etch-backports, and
changed the /etc/Muttrc to the packaged version, and my last mail
checks out OK with a good signature on the desktop box, but fails on
the server. I think the next job is to strace mutt and find out what
it's doing when it checks the GPG signatures.

Hugo.

  --- What do you give the man who has everything? -- Penicillin is ---
                             a good start...