Re: [Hampshire] Meeting 17th Jan - Register and MAC address'…

Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Meeting 17th Jan - Register and MAC address's
2009/1/7 Damian Brasher <lug@???>:
> Can everyone who definitely or may attend send me:
> 1) Name*
> *required.

What if they don't?

This is a significant change from previous meetings we've held. We
have never (to my knowledge) had to give a list of names to
Southampton. Doing so reduces our openness as a group. We have in the
past had people just turn up after reading that we were having a
meeting, and they have been welcome to do so. I am aware of a few
people who would like to attend HantsLUG meets but they are not on our
mailing list. Putting a mail out like this means that we are either
forcing people to sign up to the list or we're going to do what? Tell
them they can't attend?

What's the reason for the change, and can we undo it? Why wasn't the
committee told of this change in advance?

Cheers,
Al.