Re: [Hampshire] Meeting 17th Jan - Register and MAC address'…

Author: Damian Brasher
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Meeting 17th Jan - Register and MAC address's
Alan Pope wrote:
> 2009/1/7 Damian Brasher <lug@???>:
>> Can everyone who definitely or may attend send me:
>> 1) Name*
>> *required.
>>

> What if they don't?

Members will have to provide a name to security upon entry who now inhabit
a new reception desk at weekends thus slowing down their entry. If I
already have an up to date register this smooths out the entry process.

> This is a significant change from previous meetings we've held.

This is standard practice for most large organisations as you know from
other venues.

> What's the reason for the change, and can we undo it? Why wasn't the
> committee told of this change in advance?

The new security desk, if you had attended the previous meeting held here
at the University in November you would have seen this in operation. Most
of the committee already know this.

Regards Damian

--
http://www.diap.org.uk - distributed backup volume management system.