Re: [Hampshire] Hard disk destruction

Author: Paul Stimpson
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Hard disk destruction
If you heat it up in the oven to above it's magnetic point then drop it on the floor or hit it with said hammer you will cause random magnetic domains to form all over it.

An idea I had was to attack the closed drive on the soft side with an angle grinder. If you do it off centre on a tangent it shoulld spin the disc as it cuts and create a nice carbide snowstorm inside the drive. Then cut it in half and I'd like to be in the lab when they tried putting it together.

Cheers,
Paul.