Re: [Hampshire] Wolveslug and Bletchley Park

Author: Jonathan Kay
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Wolveslug and Bletchley Park
Bletchley Park became a training center for the GPO and CAA after "GCHQ"
moved out, afaik.
I spent 10 weeks there between 1981-1983 for my PO Telephones apprentice
training. The brick "Huts" were used for accommodation blocks by then.
The mansion contained admin offices, bar, snooker room, shop and TV rooms.
The training block was a relatively modern building 1970's type.
I can ask some engineers who went there in the 1960's how things
compared. I think it was a lot more privative with wartime billets
still in use.

HTH
Jon Kay