[Hampshire] home self signed ssl cert with multiple host nam…

Author: Stephen Rowles
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] home self signed ssl cert with multiple host names?
All,

Not sure how to solve this problem... I have a webmail system running on
my home server exposed over SSL over my home broadband.

In the "outside" world this maps to my dynamic DNS address so I get
blah.homeip.net as the web address.

Inside my house I just have no domain so it is just connect with hostname:
blah, or sometimes just the ip address.

Of course the issue is that everytime I connect it comes up with a warning
that the SSL cert is from the wrong domain name. Now this isn't really a
big problem but it is one extra ok I have to click to connect ;)

Is there any way to create a cert that has all the domain names? or do I
have to setup apache with virtual hosts, one for each domain, and then
attach a different cert to each host?

Or any other creative solutions?