Re: [Hampshire] home self signed ssl cert with multiple host…

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] home self signed ssl cert with multiple host names?

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57b78100.hantslug.org.uk.23269': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Feb 3 18:46:59 2009 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 10:14:36AM -0000, Stephen Rowles wrote:
> Of course the issue is that everytime I connect it comes up with a warning
> that the SSL cert is from the wrong domain name. Now this isn't really a
> big problem but it is one extra ok I have to click to connect ;)
>
> Is there any way to create a cert that has all the domain names? or do I
> have to setup apache with virtual hosts, one for each domain, and then
> attach a different cert to each host?

You can create a cert with multiple names. I wrote a blog post[1]
about it so that I could remember how to do it in the future. :)

Hugo.

[1] https://carfax.org.uk/node/46

                     --- O tempura! O moresushi! ---