[Hampshire] Linux user training

Top Page
Author: Dr A. J. Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Linux user training

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57094100.hantslug.org.uk.20320': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sat Feb 7 18:05:16 2009 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
Hi,

I'm looking for Linux/Unix CLI/text training resources (free or paid for) for
my partner. She doesn't want Linux administration or an "idiot's guide", just
a decent tour round the CLI for the standard/common text tools like:
    awk
    sed
     grep
    find
    Bash
    OpenSSH

and so on. She probably doesn't need to learn programming or tools like
Python/Perl or Ruby.

Her job is Windows based, but she uses Putty to connect to corporate Linux
boxes (Red Had I think) and needs to find text files, and do batch in situ
changes like global find and replace, or rename every file fooXXX to barXXX
and so on.

A lot of the books I have cover all the bits but at far to high a level of
detail - though the LPI stuff isn't too bad, and most courses I found so far
are all about administering Linux no one seems to use it!

Any suggestions?

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

While it may be faster than DLT tapes, 're-typing' is not a
valid recovery strategy.
    -- anon