Re: [Hampshire] using wu-ftp

Author: Dean Earley
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] using wu-ftp
Mike Burrows wrote:
> Hello Folks.
>
> I have installed wu-ftp on a debian etch machine.
>
> I can ftp into /home/ftp as anonymous user using a laptop on the same
> network without probs using the internal ip address of the ftp server.
>
> I can't ftp into the same server using its dynamic dns address.
>
> My modem router is forwarding port 21 to the same address that I can
> access via the internal route so to speak.
>
> Any thoughts why access is denied in the second case and not the first
> please?

Port forwarding is normally a bad idea for an FTP server, but that would
cause data transfer errors rather then access denied.
Can you get a log of the connection or try connecting via telnet on that
port?
The login commands are "USER blah" and "PASS blash".

wuftpd may also have an "allowed ip" list, but i wouldn't know where
this is configured.

--
Dean Earley, Dee (dean@???)

irc:    irc://irc.blitzed.org/