Re: [Hampshire] Acer Aspire One + Huawei E620 3G modem

Author: Bob Dunlop
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Acer Aspire One + Huawei E620 3G modem
Hi,

Unrelated but thanks, you've just made a connection for me.

Some bas***d has been renaming the serial driver module we use on the Asus Eee
to talk to our instruments pl2303.ko.huawei preventing the driver from loading.

Until now I thought huawei was a random string.  Now that I know it's a dumb
salesmans dongle, I can move forward.  Why would such a dongle need to disable
a standard serial USB driver in such a crude manner ?  They can't be that dumb
surely ?
--
        Bob Dunlop