Re: [Hampshire] Acer Aspire One + Huawei E620 3G modem

Author: Stephen Pelc
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Acer Aspire One + Huawei E620 3G modem
Bob said:

> Some bas***d has been renaming the serial driver module
> we use on the Asus Eee to talk to our instruments
> pl2303.ko.huawei preventing the driver from loading.

> Why would such a dongle need to disable a
> standard serial USB driver in such a crude manner ?
> They can't be that dumb surely ?

You may have been struck by someone who loathes the Prolific
chip set and drivers as much as I do! Having recently done a USB
serial device to talk to Mac, Linux and Windows with *no*
additional host drivers, and having then seen the issues with
Prolific chip sets, I can understand the frustrations!

Stephen
--
Stephen Pelc, stephen@???
tel: +44 (0)23 8063 1441, fax: +44 (0)23 8033 9691