Re: [Hampshire] Does anyone 'know someone' at Demon?

Author: Stephen Pelc
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Does anyone 'know someone' at Demon?
Quoth Vic:

> This problem is clearly a line fault - it's a hissy line
> with such poor SNR that the ADSL spends most of its time
> faulting. But getting that report to the people who need
> to see it is proving very tricky indeed.

Can you hear it on a voice call? The Demon procedure used to be
to get a voice check, then an ADSL check.

Although you can't (officially) talk direct to OpenReach, there
is/was a complaint section buried deep in their web site.

Having spoken to dozens of OpenReach engineers in the last few
years, most of them are as frustrated by the systems as we are.
Treat them nicely, and they'll do what they can. If your client
is dependent on broadband, sticking with a BT line is the
cheapest option in the long term.

Overall, I've come to the conclusion that you get what you pay
for. The ISPs with the best long-term satisfaction ratings, e.g.
Zen, are far from being the cheapest.

Stephen--
Stephen Pelc, stephen@???
tel: +44 (0)23 8063 1441, fax: +44 (0)23 8033 9691