Re: [Hampshire] Old cable modem for recycling

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Old cable modem for recycling
On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 16:44:39 +0000
Tim <xendistar@???> wrote:

> Rob, correct me if I am wrong but I think the cable modem remains the
> property of NTL\Virgin and as such it is not yours to give away. I
> know somebody offered a Set Top Box (STB) on the Borunemotuh
> freecycle and the post was taken taken based on the ownership of the

I ceased my NTL account some time ago and the person at the 'help'
desk told me I could throw away the STB. I didn't get around to
disposing of it immediately and shortly after an NTL van arrived and
the technician asked me for the ST B and said I was given duff info re
disposal.

So I think they do want them back but in your case you have moved away
from the original address so NTL haven't been able to collect it

--
John Lewis
using Debian Sid with windowmaker for a nicer desktop