[Hampshire] Book Reviews

Top Page
Author: Dr A. J. Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Book Reviews

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57c15100.hantslug.org.uk.23139': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Feb 17 20:52:44 2009 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
Hi,

This week I received an email from book publisher APress, they are willing to
give books away in exchange for reviews. I have confirmed that they will send
them to the UK (the initial email was not clear).

You don't get a free book for two lines on your blog, but if anyone is serious
the books are available on a first come first served basis. I gather O'Rielly
do the same.

Example reviews can be found here on the APress site:
    http://apress.com/community/writeareview

and the current books (assuming they are left) are:
    Beginning OpenOffice 3
    Mac for Linux Geeks

If anyone is interested let me know and I'll pass your details on to the
publisher.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

The Politician is an acrobat: he keeps his balance by saying
the opposite of what he does.
    -- Maurice Barres