Re: [Hampshire] Anyone played with Aurora Linux?

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Anyone played with Aurora Linux?
> If your booting from cdrom, did you burn the iso at 4 speed ?
>
> Its a sun thing, but it can cause what seem to be totally unrelated
> errors.

Not sure that's the problem. I abandoned v2.99, and tried v2.0. It
installs perfectly.

It looks rather like v2.99 hasn't been tested on a box this cheesy...

> I recommend the current gentoo minimal cd, it works in most cases and has
> enough tools to get up and running with whatever distro you prefer without
> too much hassle.

I think I might actually just get it running with the Solaris installation
it came with. Aurora just isn't stable enough on this hardware (the docs
note that DMA doesn't work very well on the ultra 10). Shame - I wanted
this to work...

I've got an Ultra 5 to try later...

Vic.