Re: [Hampshire] HDMI output from linux

Author: Stephen Davies
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] HDMI output from linux
You can get (and pretty cheaply...) DVI to HDMI cables.
This solves the problem of searching for reasonably priced graphics
cards with a HDMI conector.
I use a 5m one to connect my Macbook to the Camera Clubs 1080p projector.

That said, the next generation of eeeBox (B204/B206) is supposedly going
to have a HDMI connector. One of these should do very nicely as a Media
Centre. They were announced in late November so we may start to see them
soon. btw, they are going to have an Nvidia GPU rather than the somewhat
problematical Intel one. I intend to get one to use at the core of my
MediaCentre setup.

Stephen D