Re: [Hampshire] Hampshire Digest, Vol 28, Issue 21

Author: Mat Grove
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Hampshire Digest, Vol 28, Issue 21
john lewis wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 11:39:24 +0000
> Stephen Davies <stephen.davies@???> wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately it is not my choice.......It is the customers who
>> (bangs head against a brickwall) thinks that LINUX == Ubuntu and only
>> Ubuntu
>
> b****y h**l - what is the world coming to?
>
> first off people would only consider M$ W****** now they are taking the
> same attitude with U*****

The lower the expertise and familiarity of a person with a technology
the more likely they are to generalise because of their ignorance. We
all do it for some things because no one is an expert in everything. I
call all the legal people we deal with lawyers, thats because I dont
know much about all the different kinds of paralegals and support people
they use, so I generalise.

I'm sure I do this with a bunch of things and I am ignorant that I am
doing it, so what would you label me as?

> we need a "Kill Shuttleworth" campaign
>
> </rant>

That sounds childish to me.

Mat