Re: [Hampshire] Home server

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Home server

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57266100.hantslug.org.uk.25237': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed Feb 25 23:39:27 2009 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 11:23:29PM +0000, Gordon Scott wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Feb 2009, Hugo Mills wrote:
>
> >    Samba: Your guess is as good as mine for how to make it work.
> > Samba and I aren't on speaking terms, and haven't been for some
> > time. :)

> Yes, well, I had Samba working fine on the present old fileserver, than
> it suddenly stopped talking and I never managed to get it to come back.
> In fairness, I think it was a firewalling problem not a Samba problem.
>
> It occurs to me that another strategy might be to add NFS to the Windoze
> install on my laptop and simply not bother with Samba.

I've run NFS on Windows before. If you can track down the right
software (MS's Services For UNIX), it's pretty straightforward to set
up.

Hugo.

    --- I write in C because using pointer arithmetic lets people ---
               know that you're virile. -- Matthew Garrett