Re: [Hampshire] Media players

Author: trotter
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Media players
At 08:05 26/02/2009, you wrote:
>trotter wrote:
> > Where did you buy it from?
>
>Hi Martin,
>
>I bought it through Amazon, from a reseller called SpecialTech [1],
>although I must confess I thought it was coming from Amazon directly and
>was a little perturbed (as an Amazon seller with a 100% rating myself)
>to find they only had a 94% rating.
>
>That said, it was here within a couple of days and I suspect the low-ish
>rating largely comes from chumps rating the product as opposed to the
>company's performance, or blaming Royal Mail's iffy service on them.
>
>FWIW I note that Play sell them too [2], and I would probably have used
>them in preference had it occurred to me at the time.

Eugh!
I have had poor customer service from play.

They sent my a 5 dvd box set of a quadrilogy which had 2 disk threes.
Disk one was missing I sent it back with a letter explaining and they just
sent it back with no note and with the same duplicate disk in :(

>We watched a couple of shows last night and I have to say that the
>picture quality was superb and any misgivings about the slightly high
>price have been soothed away by the total lack of faff.

Sounds good.
Looking at the amazons 2 pages of reviews it does seem to be well liked
however there seems to be a problem with the hdmi socket not being
very well made. Did you notice anything with that socket or were you using
the other video outputs instead?

Thanks

Martin N