Re: [Hampshire] Media players

Author: trotter
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Media players
At 15:09 26/02/2009, you wrote:
>trotter wrote:
> > Sounds good.
> > Looking at the amazons 2 pages of reviews it does seem to be well liked
> > however there seems to be a problem with the hdmi socket not being
> > very well made. Did you notice anything with that socket or were you using
> > the other video outputs instead?
> >

>Our telly is far from HD-ready... so composite all the way for us!
>
>;-)

Until you get a high def source it will be a good idea to stick with the non
HD tv. Thats if my dads LG tv is anything to go by.
It is HD 780 but he runs it on SD freeview and its awful. The picture breaks
up into pixels on fast scenes, everything looks blocky and theres digital noise
in the picture it is just bobbins.

His old phillips CRT is better on freeview but since i am using it I
better not
mention it ;)

>However, I'd say that the build quality is pretty good overall, for what
>my opinion is worth.

Ok thanks for the info.

Martin N