Re: [Hampshire] Small but perfectly formed...

Author: Stephen Pelc
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Small but perfectly formed...
John said:

> This looks like a p2p device from heaven. Just think 5
> Watts left on for 24/7 while doing your downloading. It
> will cut down electricity bills no end. Now there is
> the little matter of how do I actually download on it.

Although it looks wonderful, I caution the excitement. The
questions are really
1) What will the street price be?
2) And at what volume?
3) With which mains plugs? The US ones are not mechanically
good enough for 24/7 operation.
4) Does it have a universal PSU?

There are already plenty of headless PCs available in this
price/power bracket. The Ebox2300SX takes 6 watts, has 3 USB
ports, 2 serial ports, CF card slot, a LAN port, VGA and PS2
keyboard/mouse, and a UK PSU. Of course I have a vested interest
as we've been using and selling these for a while. See
http://www.mpeforth.com/ebox.htm

But it's a great device and I'm really tempted.

Stephen
--
Stephen Pelc, stephen@???
tel: +44 (0)23 8063 1441, fax: +44 (0)23 8033 9691