Re: [Hampshire] Small but perfectly formed...

Author: Bob Dunlop
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Small but perfectly formed...
Hi,

On Fri, Feb 27 at 07:25, Jon Wilks wrote:
> I wonder how you would be able to plug it into a UK socket !

I don't think it's universal supply so you'll need a transformer until
they produce a UK varient. It will reduce the usability to my mind.

Alternativly rip the PCB out and run it from a 5V DC supply. Just
2 Watts I think.

I'd want the development kit to give me access to the serial console
for when a failed kernel build means I need to access the bootstrap.

It's an ARM processor btw. There are lot's of alternates available
such as the NSLU2 or the ACME Fox board that offer greater flexability
like 2 USBs and serial ports. But nothing I know that gives you that
bang per buck ratio.

--
        Bob Dunlop