Re: [Hampshire] Where to buy electronics/computer stuff onli…

Author: Mike Dwerryhouse
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Where to buy electronics/computer stuff online?
Stuart Matheson wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Sorry if this has already been discussed to death previously, if so
> please point me in the direction of that thread!
>
> I'm looking to buy some things for my linux laptop - tv tuner card,
> microSDHC card with SD adapter, extra RAM and possibly even a USB/MIDI
> music keyboard. Are there any sites that people can recommend? Amazon
> seems to have quite a bit but www.lambda-tek.com
> <http://www.lambda-tek.com> has some better priced items. Ordering
> from one place would saving on shipping too :)
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Stu

The midi keyboard will probably be from a music shop, not a computer shop.
I have dealt with Digital Village [1] in Southampton and Nevada Music [2] in
Portsmouth. DV's prices are slightly better, and have a better selection
overall,
but don't have very much in the shop to go and play with. Nevada have
more in
store to try out. I bought an M-Audio midi keyboard from DV and a Roland
digital piano from Nevada, both of which work fine with Linux via USB midi.

[1] http://www.dv247.com

[2] http://www.nevadamusic.co.uk/

MikeD