Re: [Hampshire] [Fwd: [Peterboro] Free .PDF of Linux Formatm…

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [Fwd: [Peterboro] Free .PDF of Linux Formatmagazine] (fwd)

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57f8a100.hantslug.org.uk.31089': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Mar 5 12:12:31 2009 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 12:06:38PM +0000, Victor Churchill wrote:
> 2009/3/5 James Ashburner <hantslug@???>:
> > Victor Churchill wrote:
> >>
> >> Back in them days there was no poncey GCSEs - we 'ad to make do with
> >> GCEs. No extra 'S'es for us. These young whipper-snappers...
> >>

> > GCSEs are equivalent to your O Levels, GCEs still exist and are also
> > known as A Levels :)
> >
> > James
>
> Oh. I had thought "GCE" was now out of use. I did recently do a GCSE
> through evening classes and was going to go on to enrol for what was
> called the A-level, except there was not enough interest for the class
> to run . I didn't think "A level" was aliased to "GCE".

"A level" used to be a subset of "GCE", but is now equivalent,
through a redefinition of GCE.

Hugo.

                   --- I know of three kinds: hot, ---
                cool,  and what-time-does-the-tune-start?